Shouchun Ma, Ph.D.
Dr. Shouchun Ma has been actively practicing and teaching acupuncture and herbal medicine for over 40 years in the U.S., Europe and China.
In 1980, he was one of six who was admitted into China’s prestigious “Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)” in Sichuan province, which has a population of 100 million. He obtained his Master’s Degree in TCM in 1982, and begun practicing and lecturing over many continents. In 2006, he earned the Ph.D. Degree in TCM from the renowned “China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences” in Beijing School of Postgraduates.
Dr. Ma is recognized as an outstanding practitioner and scholar, and have been invited to many medical conferences as keynote lecturer in the U.S. and in Germany where he taught European physicians. In addition, Dr. Ma has written many articles in both local and national TCM publications, and has earned numerous distinctions including:
- Professional Director of the Acupuncture Department at Chongqing First Hospital
- Visiting scholar and clinical supervisor at the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NIAOM) in Seattle (1988-1999)
- Named Acupuncturist of the Year in 1996 by the Acupuncture Association of Washington. Faculty member in the first TCM doctoral program in the U.S. at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine.
- One of the first seventeen Diplomats of Chinese Herbology recognized by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (1993)
- Advisory Counsel of the 4th American Traditional Chinese Medicine Congress
LanLi Ma, Lic. Acupuncturist
LanLi is National Board Certified in Acupuncture by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), and is a licensed acupuncturist in Washington State.
In the 1970’s, Lanli studied acupuncture and Chinese herbs with the distinguished Chinese Medicine Master, Jimin Shi. In 1998, she earned her Master’s Degree in Acupuncture from the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NIAOM) in Seattle. LanLi is committed to providing quality and personalized acupuncture service, and she encourages her patients to take an active role in their health care.
Although general medicine is the mainstay of her practice, LanLi’s expertise lies in treating common diseases for which other forms of medicine may not be effective. This includes irregular menstruation, menopause syndrome, infertility, sexual dysfunction, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, depression, and irritable bowel syndrome. LanLi also specializes in treating chronic pain conditions in the back, neck, shoulders, as well as ankles, elbows, and wrists.